Monday, March 3, 2008

More than you ever wanted to know about me :)

Because I know you are curious....
Besides the fact that I love Diet Dr. Pepper, exercise, can't stand a messy house- yet often live in one, watch a lot of talk shows, and love my family....here is the stuff you want to know- cause you clicked here.







My name is Sharla.
I am a full-time stay-at-home mom.
I am the oldest of nine children
I graduated from a big university and taught elementary school for almost 10 years.
I also spent several years working as a pre-school teacher for a private pre-school.

I like to exercise. Before having children I completed over 7 marathons, and numerous 1/2 marathons and  other races. It is a whole different story now, after having kids, but I am still a runner.
I used to snowboard and roller-blade and do some mountain biking.. Now I just store that stuff in our garage and sigh when I look at it covered in dust.
 I am a former shopaholic...o.k. maybe I still am a shopaholic. shh...don't tell. :)
I am a Christian, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I currently teach/run a small preschool. I love teaching young children.
 I started keeping this crafty blog-as a hobby, back in 2008, to share and record ideas.
While I enjoy it,  my family will always come first. :)
As a side note, there is a real mom behind this blog. My house is messy, I have piles of laundry, mouths to feed, lots of pounds to lose, and a long list of dreams and desires I don't always get to do. My life is not measured by great posts or a long list of cool things I have done. Just thought I'd put that out there, because sometimes the internet mommy blog world can deceive us. And I don't know about you, but it is easy to get caught up in that. My goal is to NOT do that on this little blog.
Thanks for reading! I hope to get to know you through the world of blogging.

4 comments:

The Wolfes said...

You are amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for pinning a pin from my board. I had to check you out and your cute blog. You have a nack for education and I adore a lot of your projects. YOu make me want to go back teaching preschool myself. Keep up the good work.

Learning is Magic said...

I ran across your blog while researching for summer school, I really want to make it fun, I love your ideas! I am also considering starting a blog and am not sure how, so I'm looking at others, yours is inspiring.thank you!

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

What a great intro, Sharla! I really enjoyed learning about the mom behind the creative projects. I also appreciate your "disclaimer" about your family coming first and the blog taking backstage. It is all too easy to get engrossed and play the comparison game with seemingly superwomen in the blog world. I appreciate your honesty (and feel the same!). I really enjoy posting when I can, but have worked to overcome the pressure to do it all. Look forward to more of your posts.