Monday, April 28, 2008

22/30 photography challenge


This little brass cup is something I have had since I was...3, maybe earlier. I really like to keep things that are meaningful or sentimental. I am not the type to go out and buy home decor for the sake of having something to cover the walls. BUT I will display a teapot that belonged to my great-grandmother, or a pillow my grandma made, or this tiny little brass cup I've had since I was a child. I have a very early memory, I was probably 3, and it was time for bed, and I needed a drink. This was my cup that I would drink out of, and I clearly remember, being dressed in my nightgown, and my dad lifting me up on the counter, and letting me sit there while he got me a drink out of this brass cup. It needs some polishing, and holds misc. things right now. But it sits on my dresser as a reminder of a sweet childhood, something that I will always treasure...

No comments: