Monday, March 9, 2009

I ♥ Faces "Creative Cropping"

AFTER CROP:



BEFORE CROP :

This is my first post and entry for "I ♥ FACES." I have fallen in love with this blog! It is so fun! Each week they have a contest. Anyone can enter, any level of photography. This week the theme is "Creatively Cropping". I have spent quite a bit of time going through my photos, looking for a great cropped photo that shows a face. I discovered I need some more practice in creatively cropping with software. :) I usually try to crop the photo when I am taking it-so editing is minimal. Most of the good photos I have of faces, were cropped when I took the actual photo. :) I still have lots to learn, but I am really loving photography right now :) I still definitely consider myself a beginner ;)


Why I picked this photo: This has been a favorite photo of ours for a few years now. :) It is the photo that got me going with photography. (It actually one a contest at a local Scrapbook store several years ago, and was displayed there for sometime.) I took it with my little pocket point and shoot camera. I really liked how the original turned out with my little guy's head positioned as shown. It was a very hot day, we were out hiking, and daddy was carrying our little guy. I love his cute little smile. So for my first entry for I ♥ Faces, I went with this photo. After many photos that I have taken since this one (taken in 2006) it still remains one of my favorites.

I still have lots to learn about photoshop! I'm excited I found I ♥ Faces, where many people share with others their skills and what they have learned!

7 comments:

Ally said...

Very cute! =)

rebecca said...

Wow! Beautiful shot and crop!!! I didn't realize how much your two boys look alike at the same age!!! This looks just like Tanner looks now!(or before you cut his hair:)

Dawnelle said...

fun crop!

The Animator's Wife said...

Welcome to the fun! He is adorable. Good choice!

American in Norway said...

Welcome! This is so much fun! Love the picture, what a cutie!

Nene said...

Could he be an cuter? NO! Love this pic - nice crop!

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Nice crop and cute baby!