Monday, June 22, 2009

Little Boy's Patriotic T-Shirt

This was a fun t-shirt to make, and I had to make it for my little guy before the baby comes. Instead of a FLAG shirt, we used some patriotic fabric we had on hand, and bought a t-shirt at Wal-mart for about $3. He loves semi-trucks and Mac-trucks, so we made a truck using very simple shapes. After -pre-washing the t-shirt (very important to do when doing applique) Using some iron-on pellon, we attached the shapes to make the truck, and then I just stitched around it. (my sewing isn't perfect-but oh well.) The fabric will probably fray a little when washed but that is o.k. with me. Older kids could make their own design for a t-shirt. I have plans to make some more of these- an airplane, a train, etc. Maybe we'll make one for each holiday this year! If you try this, watch out, applique can be addicting! :)

4 comments:

Jane said...

Super cute! So much more fun than the standard Old Navy T that everyone gets for the 4th. Every time I see your blog on my google reader I think "baby??" :)

TrishAnderson said...

Cool shirt - somehwo in all of the busyness leading up to the coming of your little guy you manage to rock out a T-Shirt. You amaze me!!!!

Kritta22 said...

Oh my gosh! So cute! Going to check out my scrap pile of fabric!

TrishAnderson said...

PS - I gave you an award. check out my blog for the details....