It is finally finished!
This desk took us quite a while to refinish- mostly due to not having any free time! My husband did a large part of the work-sanding, priming, and we both did the painting. He bought this for me last summer for $35. The date on it was sometime in the 1960's. Here is what it looked like:
It sat in our garge for months before we even started working on it. My husband....well he is a genuis..pretty much. :) The drawers did not slide in and out really well, so he got some flat thumb tacks, and attached them so that now the drawers slide in and out very smoothly. He had to purchase a few screws for re-attaching the top, since the old ones were really worn out, and we purchased the new hardware. Total amount spend: $35 for the desk, plus about $20 primer and paint, and about $20 for the hardware- total about $75-80.
Picking red paint can be difficult... You don't want to get a color that is not too orange or too pink when what you really want is a true red. We used Glidden (because it was on sale at the time) Red Delicious in semi-gloss-because I did want a shiny red desk. This red is a true red.
For the inside of the drawers, I picked up this cute wrapping paper from Target for a dollar, a while ago, and it was perfect for lining the drawers. I just taped it for now, in case I want to change it later. :)
Here it is dressed up with flower pens, and a fun runner....Since we are moving in a few days, this isn't going to be its home. I just had to enjoy it inside the house, since it was sitting in the garage for about a year.
Can't wait to fill up the drawers and put it to good use!
Thanks for reading! Happy Weekend.