Monday, May 30, 2011

DIY Summer Wreath

 I had this wreath in my head for the past several weeks. So last week, instead of taking a nap,  I finally made it! I'm so glad I did! I am loving the colors and it makes me happy for summer- even if we get to the 100's here in AZ
 I used fabric scraps from Riley Blake's Sugar-n-Spice collection, along with a few other fabrics I had at home. I made this similar to my SPRING sign tutorial here.
Here were the things I used to make this:  {plus some hot glue and modge podge}
 My porch, here in the desert, needed a little color. There isn't much here- but it has enough color and things for me. (We get lots of snakes, lizards, and unmentionable bugs here- so I did not want to put too much outside...)
                            The flowers you can't see are pink and red- gerber daisies and geraniums.
Funny story: when I was making this, I made the pennants, and my son said, "is that a CARS wreath? Can you make it for my room?" ha ha :) I love my boys!
Hope you have a Happy Memorial Day!
post signature

3 comments:

Elyssa said...

That is SO adorable! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Niki said...

I really like the wreath, a lot, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fabric on the bench!!

quinster said...

So cute !!! I love it !