Thursday, June 16, 2011

Family Gallery Wall + Loft re-do

Before I write this post, I wish this fire would end! My heart goes out to the people who have lost their homes. There are so many fires in AZ right now and we really need some rain! Praying for rain. {please keep AZ in your prayers- we need rain.}


Now something HAPPY  and  FUN.

The loft is still in the works, but here is the "Family Gallery Wall". Mostly, this wall is framed art done by my children.

I used a variety of frames- mostly ones I already had that I spray painted white. I want to add something above the framed art- still working on that.
The pillows, were old pillows I made covers for with fabric from Fabric.com. {I'm sort of obsessed with Chevron Fabric right now...} The white end tables are ones I have had forever- rejects from Pottery Barn sold by Downeast Home about 15 years ago- that we painted white. They double as storage.
The lamps are from my fave- Home Goods.
Paint Color: Nomadic Desert by Sherwin Williams
Couch-Costco on clearance


To hang the frames, we followed the advice from all those fabulous bloggers out there- and cut paper the same size as the frames, arranged them on the wall, and THEN banged in the nails. - This saves so much time and heartache of making nail holes in the wrong places!

This is the wall opposite from the couch. This is a loft where you only have 2 walls, then the window wall- and the rest is the hallway area. The hutch redo is here. The frames are here.  Just missing my flatscreen wall mounted HDTV...I wonder where it is...


 So there you have it- the much improved loft space! I'd like to add a rug and a few things- but we are enjoying spending a lot more time in this area!
Happy Summer!
post signature

2 comments:

Elyssa said...

I love it! you're so talented! you have NO IDEA what I would give to make my home look like that!!! too cute!

Niki said...

I really like the loft!! And I must say I have become a fan of leather couches and kids! We bought a leather sectional a few years ago and it was the best decision as far as our kids and spills go. So easily to clean, no stains--it's wonderful. I also like the color combination of the white/blue/brown. Very classy Sharla!!