Friday, July 8, 2011

Riley Blake Penny Lane Baby Quilt {for a cause}

 This Saturday, there is a 5K and auction to help this family. I knew Wendy's mother very well, and had met Wendy several times. She had children the same ages as mine. This really hit close to home for me, so  I wanted to help. There wasn't much I could do to help-since I live in another state and am due to have a baby anyday now, so I made a quilt and sent it off for the auction.
 I loved the Penny Lane line by Riley Blake.  Let's face it, I love Riley Blake fabrics! I might not ever have a daughter, and since Wendy also lost her daughter at the same time, I decided to make a baby girl quilt- and call it "the Maylee Quilt" (the name of her baby girl that also passed away.)
I bought a few quarter yards of the Penny Lane line, and used scraps I already had. I used this tutorial. I loved this tute, and it was really easy. I have another quilt using it, in the works for my 4th boy-also using Riley Blake Fabrics.
Don't know if I feel confident in my "quiltling abilities" to enter...but  I want that beach cruiser even if I don't live anywhere near the beach. It looks awesome!

Better get busy finishing my 101 sewing, organizing, and cleaning projects...only a few more days until our little bundle arrives! Praying and Hoping it will all go well...
thanks for reading!
oxoxo
post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just beatufiul! what a lucky baby!

Ashley said...

I was in charge of the silent auction for the Mack 5k fundraiser. I just wanted to thank you for donating this darling quilt! A really cute lady bought it that has 3 girls. Thanks again!

Monica said...

Sharla, I LOVE this quilt. I didn't see your post until after the race. I checked to see if it was still available through the auction because I wanted to buy it. Maybe someday after you get your new little one here I will jsut pay you to make one for me. Hope everything goes great with the new baby.