Monday, February 11, 2008

The Chicken Salad I made up for dinner...

(I know you are probably thinking this is a cooking blog- but it is not. I just don't have time for anything extra right now- and well...you have to eat, right?)
Tonight I created a masterpiece in cooking- OK not quite, but I did make a really delicious chicken salad- and it was so yummy. I have a photo- but it does not do it justice. It all came about because I had some shredded chicken to use up in the fridge, but none of the ingredients for any of the recipes...so we made one up! Now I did not measure anything- so all measurements are just a guess. I really don't love to cook. But I do enjoy the satisfaction of making something up with the ingredients on hand and having it actually taste good....
Here is what I used:
2 cups shredded chicken
1/2 a pear (any kind you have w/ the peel and chopped up)
1/2 an apple (any kind you have w/ the peel and chopped up)
1/4 cup sliced almonds- (about a small handful)
chopped green onions (I think I used about 3)
Seasoning salt- about...a teaspoon or so
light mayo- I think about 1/3 cup or so
CURRY powder- probably like 2-3 teaspoons (taste it as you go)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
(I also added a tiny tiny bit of Ceasar dressing we had in the fridge- like less than a tsp.)
Mix well in a large bowl. As you add the salt and curry, taste as you go so that you don't add too much. Serve on toasted whole wheat bread. delish!

No comments: