Tuesday, July 8, 2008

a great morning run

I love running. I love running in the early morning when it is still cool and crisp outside. I also love when people say this when I'm running. Unfortunately, where we live, we don't have any cool or crisp weather until fall. At 7 a.m. today it was already 85 degrees. But that is OK. My kids were awake, and so we ventured out to the park to run a 3 mile loop. It was really nice to run outside instead of the treadmill. We went to the park afterwards, only to find the slide covered in water, which my son went down and soaked his pants, so that ended the park time. Still, it was a good morning. We enjoyed a nice run together, and a trip to the grocery store. Here's to hoping we can have more early park/run mornings, before it reaches 100 degrees. (p.s. I am really looking forward to the fall time here.)

1 comment:

Michelle... said...

You are amazing. I like the marathon mommies blog. Talk about inspirational. I guess I don't have an excuse now to not get up and exercise while Matt is in Phoenix next week.