Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Gem #7 Text to World Connections...

We have more books than we can count when it comes to Children's books. I taught school for a decade and loved ordering from Scholastic. Connecting books to real-life experiences is a very easy and fun thing to do with children. For the past several months, one of our favorite bedtime stories has been Mailbox Magic by Nancy Poydar. So when I saw the free cereal box offer on the Cheerios box, I got kind of excited. In the book, the boy collects proof of purchase bar codes from cereal boxes to get a free personalized cereal bowl. There is a free offer from Cheerios to get a free race car cereal bowl, from the movie Speed Racer. Little things like this make me really excited, and I'm sure it will make my toddler even more excited to get a cereal bowl in the mail, just like the character in the book!

No comments: