Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cereal Box Puzzle

I'm always looking for ways to recycle stuff-besides throwing it in the recycling bin. Making a puzzle out of a cereal box is a great way to not only recycle, but teach your child environmental print-an early stage to reading, and it makes a great quiet activity throw it in a baggie and keep it in your diaper bag. tip: Number the pieces on the back for easily keeping track of them. ...

Another cereal box activity: A while back we mailed off for a free cereal bowl. And they came a while back! We actually got two-one for each of the boys. This story- Mailbox Magic by Nancy Poydar, is about a boy who does just that. I always love connecting reading to real life experiences- so I thought I'd throw this one out there again.
What other things do you do at your house with an empty cereal box?

.

3 comments:

Michelle... said...

Ever so clever. I love the cereal box puzzle. Great baggie activity.

Cami said...

Oh man, Jeffy is ALWAYS yelling at me to recycle (and he means convert into something else afterwards). I need to try that puzzle.

Jen said...

Sam loves to build with our empty boxes, or step on them and slide around