Sunday, October 26, 2008

Can't Leave Them Alone Bars (S.O.S. - Sweets on Sunday)


OK my favorite-easiest-yummiest-delicious-est-bar -cookie-recipe! These are from my sister-in-law- who made them once years ago at her house. I had to have the recipe- and have been making them ever since! She included them in our family cookbook- and I have the page marked-I can turn right to it w/ my eyes closed!- Ha! OK we make these a lot! love 'em!


CAN'T LEAVE THEM ALONE BARS


One white or yellow cake mix

2 eggs

1/3 cup canola oil

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 cup chocolate chips

1/4 cup butter (we think it is better to use less or omit this)

Mix the first 3 things together. Press 2/3 of this into a 99 by 13 inch pan.

Microwave the next 3 things- milk, chips, and butter, in a bowl for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave again 30-60 seconds or unil melted. Pour over the cake mixture that is in the pan.

Drop and flatten the remaining cake mixture on top. The top will not be entirely covered but almost. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned.


These freeze well. We cut them into bars and wrap them and freeze them. To unfreeze- microwave for a few seconds. YUMMY!

2 comments:

Dover Fam said...

I will try these for sure!!

Michie said...

I'd love to hear more about your family cookbook. That sounds like a fun project!