Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Storytime: Election Style


Here are a few books we have been reading lately- that are appropriate for this time of year. Duck for President by Doreen Cronin and Caldecott Honoree Betsy Lewin, will put a smile on your face and your kids will love it too. It is a great read.

Another book we have read lately, My Teacher for President, is another great read! These books are fun reads to teach the basics of what an election is to a pre-school or elementary school- aged child, while putting a light spin on the elections for adults. For a fun activity, you could have them make their own election campagin posters.

Happy Elections and make sure to get out there and VOTE.

4 comments:

S B H said...

I love the Doreen books! They are TOTALLY my favorite! Have you read her other ones??

Letti said...

I really like Duck for President and I have never heard of the other book but I will have to check it out.

Dover Fam said...

I will be sure to check both of these books out. My 10 year old is really interested in the election. Very exciting. Thanks for the review. :)

Jodi said...

Hey I have those books too, it must be a teacher thing!