Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Car Quilt Completed!

Finally finished! I started this quilt in 2006 for my first son. Now my third son is on the way- so I figured I had better finish it! It is only my second machine quilting project- so not the best yet-but I really enjoy machine quilting so I'll be doing more! I wish I could tell you where to get this pattern, or that I had a pattern to share....but I just kind of made this up as I went...so it is in no way perfect-but good enough for my boys! They LOVE driving their cars on the road- even if it wasn't meant for that- it now doubles as a bedspread and a play mat ;)
This was fun to make, and learn some more about quilting. I know it is really bright,
but their walls are plain white and we needed some color in their room. (Besides, if you haven't noticed, I really like bright colors :) )

18 comments:

Sherry said...

very nice! :)

familywithfivekids said...

Your quilt is great! I can see why your boys would spend a lot of time playing with it!

Niki Carpenter said...

That is fantastic! I am very impressed. I have no sewing ability whatsoever and it amazes me when I see all of the things you make yourself. Well done!

Kritta22 said...

That quilt is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I really like the border with the road lines!

So creative!!

Erica said...

I love that you made up your own pattern! you go girl!

and it is perfect for boys, they will have many fun memories of this beuatiful quilt.

jennwa said...

I love that Quilt. When we lived in Montana everyone quilted and I always said I would learn, but I never did. When I see quilts like that I wished I had. Maybe some day.

Michelle said...

Dang cute!

Jodi said...

Cute Quilt! You're so crafty.

Jennifer said...

I love it! It's so adorable and a cute idea! I just got fabric to make one for my boys - did you draw places to stitch the machine quilting? And did you make up the truck patterns - are they just cut and placed on with pins, then sewn on? Just wondering :)

Hilary said...

WOW.
What a huge amount of work -- amazing job!

TrishAnderson said...

Who cares about a pattern, you should publish your own with this quilt. It looks fabulous. You have been extremely busy with fun crafting projects!

Zonnah said...

This is so cute!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a fun cheery quilt. Great pattern. You did a wonderful job.

rebecs said...

(thanks for your sweet comment)
What a fun quilt!! I love the idea of doing a track around the outside, and cars/trucks in the blocks. I think I might have to make one of these for my little guy. thanks for sharing.

Vicki said...

What a great quilt. I love the road border.

Ilena said...

Gorgeous quilt! I especially love the yellow in the border for the roadway.

Diva Quilts said...

How cute and creative! :)

Aunt Spicy said...

Adorable! I love the lines in the road of the boarder, what a cute idea!