Sunday, July 19, 2009

Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie

Did you know the third Sunday in July is National Ice Cream Day? In honor of it, we should also eat lots and lots of ice cream all month long, don't you think? This is one of our favorite summer desserts/treats. My son said after eating this the other day, "I could eat this for 100 years...." This is light and refreshing- just the way I like it :) ☻ Here is another fun ice cream dessert and stay tuned- I have another super fun and easy one coming up soon



Strawberry Ice Cream Pie- First make a good graham cracker crust. You can use a store bought one but we like a homemade one, and it is very easy. The end result tastes much better too- than the pre-made kind.


Homemade Graham Cracker Crust: you need: 10 whole graham crackers- one package from a box or about 1 and a 1/2 cups crushed. We use the food processor to crush the crackers up. Make sure it measures about 1 and 1/2 cups.





THEN ADD: 6 TBSP melted margarine, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon. I just mix this all in my pie pan, and then press the mixture into the pan. I don't bake it for this recipe, but if you use this for a non-frozen pie, you can bake it at 375 for about 7 minutes.



NEXT COMBINE: one 8 oz. container strawberry yogurt, one small box vanilla pudding, and one 8 oz. container cool whip. Mix well and then add: 1 cup chopped up very small or pureed stawberries.






POUR into the pan over the crust and let it chill out in the freezer for at least an hour or two before serving and enjoy!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Yum, I don't know if I could wait an hour ;) we will be trying this soon!

TrishAnderson said...

I have had something similar. I need to do this again. So yummy!!!

Jodi said...

Sounds refreshing...

Anonymous said...

OMG I've been looking for this recipe! I use to make this pie for my kids way back in the 70's. It was a bake-off winner but with one big change... instead of graham crackers in the crust, that crust was made with mashed potato buds. That simple change makes it GLUTEN FREE, & no one will ever guess what the crust is made of. I encourage you to try it that way.