Saturday, September 26, 2009

What to do when you are stuck in a small hospital room for weeks

*Watch every talk show under the sun and decide which talk shows are now your favorites
*Catch up on your reading- I am finishing my Twilight Series finally!
*Read your 25 magazine subscriptions that you never read (ok I don't have 25 but close)
*Change poopy diapers and nurse baby back to health
*Sleep in a recliner, sit in a recliner, ....who are we kidding, it isn't a real recliner
*PRAY,PRAY, PRAY
*Get your Fall T.V. show line up memorized (I have a show every night of the week...sad but true)
*DO SQUATS and squeeze your buttocks back in shape :)
*Do arm circles- if you do enough of them with tight arms...they really do work. :)
*Become BFF's with your favorite nurses
*Watch all the shows you are missing on HULU
*Order every different item of hospital food and have a taste test to see which is the best (or if any of it is decent at all)
*Make sure that there is free internet and use it a lot!
*Enter every blog contest you can find since you usually don't have time for that - do it now;)
*Play Subway Scrabble and hope to win a prize (we eat at Subway a lot)
*Use up all your cell phone minutes by calling everyone in your address book
*Ponder the meaning of life and your life ;)
*Dream about going home to your messy house with your cute kids and never complain about being stuck in the house again! :)
*Enjoy the quiet moments with baby and be thankful for modern medicine and miracles, my wonderful private health care, and the fact that someday this will just be a memory.
Everything is going to be O.K.

5 comments:

familywithfivekids said...

Thinking of you!

Amy said...

Praying for you, your little one and your whole family!

Sandra Nixon said...

I just heard about your baby being in the hospital, (I've been unplugged as it were for over a week) i am so sorry!! I hope you can get home soon. let me know what i can do, i will be home to tucson tomorrow.

Kim Walus said...

What a great post. It's good to see that you are using your time in the hospital to nurse your sweet baby boy and to catch up on some of the things that your enjoy. You're both in our thoughts and prayers. I'm happy to hear that he's doing well.

Native American Momma said...

I hope you get to go home soon!! BTW I am hosting a give away LOL