Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

If you have been reading/following this blog for a while, you probably know about Sweets on Sunday. Every Sunday, (or most Sundays) I would try to post a real-super-duper-yummy-delish-recipe that I have tried and want to share with you. It usually involves-butter, sugar, chocolate-the yummy-but-not-good-for-you-stuff.  (If it was possible for you to jump through the computer screen and have a taste or eat the thing for me- I would so be on board with that!) My lack of Sweets on Sunday posts lately has been due to the fact that I eat enough crap I mean, sweets, and I have enough weight to lose and really need to lose it! My baking addiction does not help in that department.  So I made this super-delicious dessert- and said- "I'm not eating it, I'm just going to post it- and all the boys at my house have to eat it." Yeah, fat chance of that happening. I ate some. And some more. Starting over tomorrow. HA! So if the Sweets on Sunday posts dwindle, it is because there is one momma trying to get her body back after baby . :)




Without further ado, here is the yummy recipe that ruined my "diet" yet again.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled (I used a  1/4 cup margarine instead.)
1 cup pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell (or see note below)

For the crust, I made a graham cracker crust. The recipe calls for a frozen pie crust, or you can make your own. The graham cracker crust got a little brown on the edges, but still yummy.


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix sugar and flour together in a bowl. Add eggs, butter, pecans, chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix all together. Pour in the pie shell. I used a graham cracker pie crust recipe.  I also added shredded coconut to the recipe. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until set.


This is super easy and fast to make. It is really rich too. Thanks to my sister-in-law Jill for the delicious recipe. You should eat this with some ice cream or cold milk.

7 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

Devin wants you to move in next door so you can share your sweets every time you make them.

Jo-Anne said...

MMMmmmm! I have eaten this before and vowed to never make it again because it is sinfully delicious! I used the frozen pie crust but the grahmn cracker one sounds yummy, too!

Niki said...

These picture literally made my pregnancy craving mouth water!!!! I am definitely going to make this, and soon. Thank you for posting all of your yummy recipes!

Nancy said...

I am drooling just looking at this pie!!!!! I'm making a run to the store to get the stuff to make one myself.

Erica said...

oh no you didn't! i finally have my pre baby body back and i'm sure to eat every single bite all in one day if i made it!!! i'll have to hold off trying that recipe till i'm pregnant again. haha :)

Margaret Vance said...

I made these the other day and my, it IS to die for! I'll be making it again, and again, and again.

Jill-O said...

oooh, I do so lurve this pie--I am happy you lurved it too!