Monday, April 16, 2012

Pink Lemonade Cake with Strawberries

 If you have been reading for a while, you know I like using a cake mix. I also like baking from scratch-when I have time and super-duper sweet tooth calling me.
 This is a total "fake-out" dessert- as in it looks really pretty, and tastes really good, but it is basically from this lovely cake mix:
Have you tried the Pink Lemonade cake mix? It is very good! I made this cake on Sunday for my family. I do a few things different from what is says on the box: I substitute applesauce for oil; and I used egg whites for the eggs. Sometimes I use flaxseed meal for the egg instead.

To make this cake, I did the above, baked it in round pans, and layered it with sliced strawberries and frosting- of your choice- I used vanilla.

So there is your quick fake-out dessert for summer. Super easy. Nice and light- if you use the above substitutions too.
How long until summer?

Thanks for reading!

post signature

No comments: