Monday, April 2, 2012

DIY Sponge Stamps for Kids

 I bought these transportation sponges quite a while ago. I wanted to use them for preschool, but I did not want the kids to get their hands all dirty when they dipped them in paint. Enter the laundry detergent cap. I had been saving these- because somewhere I had seen them re- purposed into something- I don't recall what or when. BUT they made great handles for these sponges.

Here is the trick: Gorilla Glue. It works really well, as we only had one come apart, while washing them out. You need to let the Gorilla Glue dry for a while, and follow the instructions on the bottle when using! You also need to apply pressure to the things being glued together.



After carefully rinsing out the paint, I still have 9 of the 10 of these that I made. Pretty good. So they are ready to go for the next time we use them. Start saving those laundry detergent caps and lids- you just never know when you might need one!

Thanks for reading!
post signature

No comments: