Sunday, September 16, 2012

Black Bean, Corn & Red Pepper Salad

Since summer is coming to an end soon, I thought I had better try to post a few of the recipes we tried this summer. I have a specific recipe for favorite black bean salad, but sometimes I don't have everything on hand to make it. note- I thought I had posted that recipe years ago...until I went looking for the link....so I'll have to share that one later. So this one is the same idea, but a little different version.
{I like to have a few recipes for making the same thing a few different ways.}
 

Black Bean, Corn, and Red Pepper Salad

1/3 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 clove  garlic minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 6 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

  •  
    Combine in a bowl, and chill before serving. I loved this recipe! It is especially good paired with grilled chicken.  I think I may make it again today.
     
    Happy Sunday!
     
    post signature

    No comments: