Sunday, November 4, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream & Vanilla Pie


**great give-a-way coming tomorrow-- another awesome one for Holiday Cards!**

One of my favorite things we had at Thanksgiving growing up, was Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie! I have been meaning to share it here for years, and today I'll share with you an easy way to make it with a twist. Believe me, this will impress all your friends and family- and even those that might not like pumpkin- may love this!

Pumpkin Ice Cream & Vanilla Pudding Pie {the EASY way}
1 1/2 cups graham crackers
6 TBSP melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
2-3 cups pumpkin ice cream {This is a seasonal item, you can find in almost any grocery store. I used Trader Joe's brand.}
8 oz. container Cool Whip
1 small package Instant Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Mix

1. Melt the butter in a 9 inch glass pie pan. I melted mine in the microwave. Crush graham crackers until fine crumbs. I used a small food chopper. Add the graham crackers and sugar, and cinnamon (optional), to the butter. I mixed mine right in the glass pie pan. When well mixed, pat to the bottom and sides to form a pie crust. Chill for about one hour in the freezer.
2. Allow pumpkin ice cream to soften. Scoop out 2 or 3 cups and spread evenly on the pie crust. Allow to chill for at least 1/2 hour.
3. Mix the cool whip and pudding MIX together. Spread evenly on top of the ice cream layer. Freeze for 2-3 hours or longer before serving.

Enjoy! This is fun to add to the "pie fest" for Thanksgiving!

post signature

No comments: