Friday, March 1, 2013

Happiness=Clean House + Favorite Cleaning Products

About a year ago, my husband got me something fabulous for my birthday: From Groupon, he got me 3 hours of house cleaning, by 2 people. I was so excited. Today- almost a year later- I finally cashed it in!
Let me tell you, a clean house is one of my favorite smells. I love the fresh clean smell, and seeing everything put in its place. It truly is one of my favorite things. When I was younger, and had only one child, and lived in about 1300 square feet, I could clean my entire house in a day.
I would follow FLYLADY's plans, and get my house clean so quickly. I loved Flylady's daily routines and everything. I was a "flybaby" as she calls them.

Now 4 kids later, and an extra 1300 square feet, I have not found the time or energy to keep up with the craziness of housecleaning like I would like to. So this little present my husband gave me was the best. I wish I could afford to have this once a week. Clean House=Happiness...ok well some form of it anyway.


If my house is clean and uncluttered, I feel like I have done something to bless my family, and now it is time to do something I enjoy- sewing, creating, reading, etc. SO - since I feel like I can finally create and sew this weekend- because my house is somewhat clean- I thought I'd share a few of my favorite cleaning products with you. You can look at this post for ones I've shared in the past.


 Fabuloso- this stuff smells really good. It comes in different scents. You can use it to clean almost anything. The smell lingers a long time after you are done cleaning.
 Baking Soda- has so many uses! I buy it in bulk at Costco and keep some in a jar for cleaning. Check out this post with 75 uses for Baking Soda.

 I love the smell of Lysol. This is great for deep cleaning. I often use it on my floors, by diluting it in a bucket of hot water, and scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees. I also keep some in a squirt bottle. If you let it sit for 10 minutes before wiping it a way, it disinfects, sanitizes, and kills germs.
 I loves Mrs. Meyer's clean day products! I love the hand soap. I have very sensitive skin, and it does not irritate my skin, and it smells really good. I really love their counter top sprays too. They come in such yummy scents, and it gives your counter a fresh smell.
We love Vinegar too for cleaning. I use it to clean my sink, throw some in the laundry, and you can even put some in your dishwasher and run a cycle to freshen up your dishwasher. Here is a post with a ton of uses for vinegar.

These magic erasers are amazing. I just buy the store brand- to save money and it works just fine. I cleaned my oven door with this the other day after cleaning my oven. It made the job so easy. You can use these to clean your walls, shower, etc. I use them to clean the marker off my wipe board when the marker won't come off. It is great for getting crayon off of the walls too.

Lysol Disinfecting Spray- this is a must to have during winter months, and if you have a house full of  little boys who create messes in the bathroom. When I don't have time to clean but I need to quickly kill the germs, this is what I use. I also use it on my preschool tables, the changing table,  door handles, light switches, etc.
          

What are your tips, tricks, and favorites when it comes to cleaning? Happy Spring Cleaning!


post signature


No comments: