Saturday, June 13, 2009

Homemade Fortified Fudgesicles

So the baby is coming in a few days, and I have 5, 683 things to do before then. Is it O.K. to have a baby, when the house is messy, the fridge needs to be cleaned, and there are still piles of laundry to do? ☻That is the status of things around here....

BUT... I have time (all of 10 minutes) to make Homemade Fudgesicles-- chocolate = happiness! HA!


Last month we tried making these a few different ways and I think we finally came up with something yummy. Since I have become "addicted" to fudgesicles, during the pregnancy, I wanted to make some with higher protein-fortified-you know, the kind that are good for the baby and good for you ☻


So here is the recipe we came up with- that has protein, and smooth creamy chocolate!

HOMEMADE FORTIFIED FUDGESICLES

1 1/2 cups cottage cheese (fat free)

1/2 cup vanilla soy milk

1/2 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk

BLEND these in the blender until the consistency is very smooth.

THEN ADD:

1 small box fat free sugar free chocolate pudding (4 serving size)

BLEND again until really smooth and creamy. Taste for sweetness. (you can always add more sweetened condensed milk or a little sugar if needed. I also added about 1/2 a scoop chocolate protein powder to up the protein.)

POUR into Popsicle molds or silicone muffin cups. Put into freezer until frozen. If you use the muffin cups, wait about 25 min. after putting in freezer to add Popsicle sticks. When frozen, take out and enjoy. These should pop right out of the muffin tins and they somehow stayed securely on the sticks too. ☻

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Cottage cheese?! Really?! That looks like a really healthy recipe, I totally believe that it's delicious I just never would have imagined in a million years you added cottage cheese.

It's a guiltless guilty pleasure!

Niki said...

I am going to try these, for sure. Your congo bars were such a hit with my kids, I bet that these will be, too. Thanks for all the recipes!!