Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Apple Caramel Pie in the Slow Cooker/Crockpot

After making my Apple Pie in the Crockpot, I found this recipe on the Fix-It and Forget-about-It site. And it was really  really good. And now I know I can make almost any flavor pie in a crock pot. yay.

I t was simple and yummy, but obviously, don't make it if you don't have self control when it comes to dessert. It is too good to resist! And I'm glad my husband ate most of it.

You really only need 3 ingredients:
Pie Crust (2- top and bottom pieces), Apple Pie Filling (about 3 cups- we used some we had made in the Crock Pot) and about 12 Kraft Caramels.
I learned a few things when making this: DON'T spray your crock pot with non-stick spray. It will slide down the sides. Don't overlap your pie crusts too much when placing them in the crock pot.
Cook the crust on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours first.
Then add the apple pie filling, mixed with the caramels-which I cut up, and cook for 1 1/2 hours on LOW. Every crock pot or slow cooker is different, so keep an eye on it.
The entire recipe can be found HERE- and there are lots of good questions that are answered there too!
Thanks for reading!
post signature

No comments: