Sunday, June 2, 2013

Milky Way Cookies {Sweets on Sunday}

I'm  back with Sweets on Sunday!! {I might even have a whole week of posts for you....eeek!!}

I'm always looking for ways to make chocolate chip cookies even better! I didn't even have to go out and buy anything- since I had mini milky ways in the freezer. I may or may not have had a few for breakfast. I've posted the recipe with a few tips and tricks to make these turn out just right.


Milky Way Cookies
{recipes found via pinterest, on the picky palate}

2 sticks softened butter *take this out of the fridge before hand so that it is at room temperature
¾ Cup sugar
¾ Cup brown sugar
2 eggs *take these out of the fridge before hand also- so they are at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¾ Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
35 mini milky way *I used 29 cut up into small pieces, and about 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (you don't need the chocolate chips though)
*I also used a combination of dark chocolate and milk chocolate mini milky ways
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla all combined. In a separate large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chopped milky ways. *I put my cookie dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours before baking. This really helped give them a nice shape. When they came out of the oven, they looked puffy, but after cooling on the cookie sheet, they were perfect.
2. With a small ice cream scooper, scoop onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cooked to your preference. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.*I found that mine needed to cook for 11 minutes. I live at a lower altitude. I let them cool on the cookie sheet and transferred them to a brown paper bag- ripped open flat on the counter. The cookies cooled to perfection!

 

post signature

No comments: