Monday, June 3, 2013

Washi Tape Pendant Banner

This is one of those posts I started LAST YEAR- yes last year...and never finished or posted! {I have lots of those posts...} In fact, some of these photos are over a year old...oops.

Since I am trying to get back into blogging....I thought I would share it with you.

 I purchased several wooden pendants from pick your plum, or some other craft deal websites. I also have a little love for washi tape. If you haven't discovered washi tape, you must! It is so easy to use, so fun, and the clean up after a project is like zero. Love it.
I covered the pendants with washi tape. I cut off the edges with scissors, so it does not wrap around to the back. In fact, I could use the other side and have two banners in one. I strung them together using baker's twine.  Here are a few of the ones I have made:
 This one I used chipboard letters.
 This one is vinyl lettering. I use this one for preschool-- in the photo below- notice the stuffed monkey/gorilla...well that is our preschool class pet. He was just attending our little celebration. :)
And if you are wondering why on earth it took me a year to post such a simple thing...well I don't get much free time these days. In fact, for Mother's Day my husband surprised me with this, a Cameo Silhouette. It is still in the box. Still in the box. I need to do clear some space- as in clean up some junk- so I have a spot to set it up. Hope that happens soon!
If you have a Silhouette- PLEASE send me your best links to projects or ideas! I am not sure where to start.
Thanks for reading....
post signature

2 comments:

Maggie Muggins said...

Yay! Congrats on the new machine! I love mine. You will get to use it lots! The banners are super cute.

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

Love this!! SO super cute. Does washi tape come in large sizes? all I have ever seen is the small kind. I am totally inspired and want to make this!