Friday, September 11, 2009

Pledge of Allegiance Stitching and 9/11


Since it is 9/11 today, and this is suppose to be a "craft" blog, I thought I would post one I did forever ago, in the spirit of 9/11.
This stitching of the Pledge of Allegiance is on a flag bandana. My cousin, Amber taught me to do this- and even gave me the bandana, about 10 years ago, to help get me started. ☻ She helped me with lots of crafts, when I was teaching school full-time. Well, it took me about 7 years to finally finish this. (When I taught at a school called Freedom Elementary, I had plans to finally finish this and display it in my classroom....but I never got it finished.) ☻
We have this up most of the year. It is simple to do, I just wrote the words on with a water-erasable pen, and stitched. Some of my friends that have made one of these, pieced the flag together with different fabrics-which was really cute!
I remember where I was on 9/11, getting ready to go teach my 2nd graders, and what a terrible day it was. I remember the flags hanging everywhere for months. I remember the feelings, the patriotism, the unity we had.
Then things got forgotten, and we all went back to our normal lives.
I hope that today, we can all take time to reflect on this great country and remember all those who have given their lives for our freedom. God Bless America!

No comments: