Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pumpkin Bread in the Crockpot {Slow-Cooker}

 Pumpkin Bread in the Crockpot...it totally works! I love pumpkin everything- so when I saw this, I had to try it right away. It was really good! It is very moist bread. The recipe is easy and delicious. If you are waiting until Fall for pumpkin baking- pin this- because it will be Fall before we know it!{ I love pumpkin everything- not just in the Fall but all year.}

Crockpot Pumpkin Bread


  • 1/2 cup of oil (I used 1/4 applesauce, and 1/4 canola oil)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz can pure pumpkin)
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour (sifted)
  • 1/4 tsp. of salt
  • 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. of baking soda

  • First, mix the oil and sugars (and applesauce if you use that instead of part of the oil). Add the beaten eggs, and pumpkin. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Spray a regular sized bread pan with baking spray. (I use PAM baking spray.) Pour batter into pan. Now put 2 cups of water in your crockpot/slow cooker. Now carefully place the bread pan into the crockpot. Before placing the lid on, take 8-10 paper towels, and lay them across the top so that they are trapped between the lid and the crockpot. This will help prevent the bread from becoming mushy. Try to trap the paper towels with the lid, so they do not fall into the crockpot. Turn your crockpot on high and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours. Your house will smell wonderful! When finished, the bread will be very soft and moist. Carefully remove from pan, allow to cool and enjoy!

    I think I would definitely use this paper towel method with my other crockpot recipes- like the apple pie in a crockpot, and the caramel apple pie.

    This bread is really good! I would make it again! I do really like my regular recipe - I bake in the oven- it allows for a crispy crust. You will not have a crispy crust with this- but it is still very delicious!

    Enjoy!

    post signature

    1 comment:

    Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

    My mouth is watering (literally) This looks so delicious and moist. YUMM